Tourism is the largest service industry in India, which contributes 6.23% to the national GDP and 8.78% of the total employment in India. Annually more the 5 million foreign tourist arrives India where as domestic tourist is 562 million.
According to world travel and tourism council, India will be a tourism hot spot from 2009 – 2018. As we talk about price competitive tourist destinations India is ranked 6th according to Travel and Tourism competitiveness report 2007.
As we talk about India as a tourist destination, is the destination of millennium, it is a land of all seasons where beauty summon, where culture plays a vital role,hospitality is an honor and tradition talks.
The Incredible India know for its “unity in diversity is surrounded by the Snowy Himalayan ranges in the North, amazing Arabian sea in the West, the vast Bay of Bengal in the East and the radiant Indian Ocean in the South.
Motivators & Tourism products in Indian:
Motivations arise out of the felt needs or wants of the individual. Tourist motivators can be classified as follows:
I. Pleasure, Recreation
II. Relaxation, Leisure
IV. Visiting Friends and Relatives
VII. Special Intrest
VIII. Novelty and Unique Experience
Motivators : Tourism Products & Famous Tour Packages
1.Pleasure and Recreation : Festival, wildelife, Sports, Monuments (Rajasthan fair festivals tour, Pushkar fair tour, Nagaur fair Tour, Desert festival tour, Ranthambhore National Park, Romance with Taj, Golden Triangle tour)
2. Leisure & Relaxation : Beaches, Yoga, Meditation, Hill resorts, Island resorts. (Beaches in India, Beaches in Goa, Beaches in Kerlela, Romantic beaches in India, Vacations in Indian beaches, Goa Tour package, Kerela Tour Package, Yoga tour package, Meditation tour package, Meditation in India, Vacations in Indian Mountains, Island resorts in India, Tour packages of Island.)
3. Health : Spas , Ayurveda ( Ayurvedic Message, Rejuvenation Therapy of Kerala, Spa)
4. Education & Knowledge : Heritage, Culture & Tradition ( Heritage tour of India, Heritage tour package, Heritage of India, Indian Heritage Tour, Culture of India, Culture tour of India, Rajasthani Culture Tour, Culture tour of Rajasthan Tradition of India.
6. Visiting Friends and Relatives : Shopping, Souvenir, Fairs & Festivals. (Shopping in Jaipur, Shopping in India, Indian Handicrafts, Indian Jewelery, Jaipur Paper work, Rajasthan Fairs and Festivals Tour, Pushkar fair Tour, Nagaur Fair Tour, Indian Fairs and Festivals, Holi Festival Tour.)
7. Religious : Pilgrimages to Holy places (Buddhist Pilgrimage Tours, Buddhist Temple Tour, Buddhist Temples Tour, Haridwar Tour, Rishikesh Tour, Spiritual Tour to India, Spiritual Tours of India.)